Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's not a weekend without WERS: Broadway Radio Program

One of my highlights of living in Boston was finding Emerson College's "Broadway and Beyond" Radio program from Standing Room Only. It's exactly what it sounds like - Broadway, from the beginning of recording to current Broadway shows. It gives me music to work to, clean house to, sing to, and adds to my list of needed soundtracks. Often it is my therapy of a few hours just to myself. Also, the variety is superb.

And now that I don't live in Boston, one of my best "moving back home highlights" was that WERS is online so I can still have my musical theater radio program. My fiance knows of it, either doesn't mind my singing in the house or leaves :) either way, he knows it's in my weekend plans and doesn't ask me to turn it down, sing quieter, or anything (and if "Defying Gravity" comes on... he just may sing along). Good Man.

so yes, on the East coast: Saturday: 10-2pm and Sunday: 12-2. http://www.wers.org/

Any other sites that play Broadway? I don't have satellite radio, and I find that Broadway station old and not up to date with soundtracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment