Saturday, September 5, 2009

Let's Start at the Very Beginning

I like theater. I like the atmosphere, dressing up to attend entertainment, seeing talented people, having my heart skip a beat when someone belts higher than I can, and getting wrapped up in the story. It's not entirely my fault. Some of my earliest memories are watching movie musicals or attending theater. I loved it and am grateful, but while other kids were on teams, I was singing to soundtracks. It led me to choirs, school shows, community theater, but mostly to singing in my house or car and being an avid theater supporter.

I often give random musical trivia or inform my friends that a certain actor has been on Broadway as well as the movie we rented.... whether they want to know such trivia or not. People humor me because they're kind, but sometimes it comes in handle. Cranium - I am always the hummer of songs. Trivial Persuit - musicals that have won Oscars. I won't even go into my annual Tony's Award Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment